T-28 Cowling Detail

by Peter Bennett

Hi! I am searching for good detailed photos of T-28 Trojan cowl for reference in building a scale RC model T-28.
I have searched Google and found a bunch of photos of T-28s and managed to salvage one for my paint scheme. The kit manufacturer of the T-28 supplied me with a vacuum formed cowl plus 3 additional cowl parts for the cooling doors and NO instructions or documentation photos for reference. The kit provided plenty of build info for an experienced builder. I consider myself to be experienced with 40+ years building plastic, balsa wood kits and scratch built models and dioramas.
As you well know Plastic model kits have become much more expensive from when I was a kid. There is a plastic model kit available, but for the $'s I would need to open the box to see if the cowl detail is what I need. One does not have this luxury with an online purchase.
I was hoping to find a built T-28 photo on your website to download and Zoom in on the cowl. I could attempt to just adlib my T-28's cowl and maybe luck-out and get it right...or not and have a WWW2 aircraft Guru tell me, "That cowl is not to scale Dude"! Please help me avoid the embarrassment! :-)
Thank You!!.....Peter

SMH Responds Peter, I found a number of detailed Cowlings by Googling T-28 Cowlings and checking out the images section.

You also may be able to get enough detail from the photos in this build:
http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/builds/rm/build_rm_5100.shtml

Comments for T-28 Cowling Detail

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Oct 08, 2015
Good post NEW
by: Murl Wiza

You are a great blogger!

When you started your first entries?
I also try to develop my site (CostumeLook Costume Ideas), but I can't adverstand how you write so great articles.
Could I suggest to place some ads on your blog? I really love your style and your audience, I think halloween costumes will be interested for them.
I will you pay the amount you want, answer me, please! Thank you!

Nov 24, 2014
Outstanding!!
by: Peter Bennett

Thank You...Reg!! The search text entered gives different results relative to the text. I entered "T-28 Cowls" and did not get the photo you did. It is perfect! I can see where the parts go....perfectly. I do not believe I would have chosen "T-28 Cowling". Outstanding!! :-)

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Basics Q&A.