Do You Suffer From Hobbiests' SCDD?
Many modelers today suffer from being Senior Citizen Decrepitude Deficient, a malady that strikes many in the middle of an intensely finicky modeling operation. Do you think you are SCDD?
Here are six symptoms:
· You do an entire model doing your cutting and trimming with a butter knife.
· Your finished model is held together with rubber cement.
· You get yourself locked into the repetitive finishing cycle of filling + sanding / digging + filling to the point the wall of the model is too thin to support painting.
· You use a two-way Xacto blade to shave off a bad paint job and neither side works.
· You pull off a hypercritical modeling operation only to find it blocks access to a touchier job underneath.
· You honestly cannot understand how you could make such a dumb choice after you have failed to finish the kit.
Do You Have A Health Issue?
Most sufferers are filled with delusion. While Senior Citizen Decrepitude Deficient is not contagious (most modelers work alone) it does seem to run in groups, such as modeling clubs and contest friends.
SCDD suffers should not work on group projects as they never know whose turn it is.
Yes, as you have probably surmised SCDD is really a figment of my imagination and you won't find it in any medical dictionary, but for many of us, it is too close to reality.
For instance, I am a sufferer and from time to time maladies like this have put my modeling on hold and I'd like to say it is declining eyesight, but to be more realistic, right now it is probably more like dealing with minor Essential Tremor which makes fine work with tweezers and thread much more difficult.
In the past there have also been things like cardiac infarctions, and an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm that brought things to a halt.
Usually The First Thing To Go
For others there have been incidents of carpal tunnel syndrome, Arthritis, back and spinal, Fibromyalgia concerns, auto immunities and major depression problems.
Many of these malfunctions can be severely debilitating and all too often, the remedy from our medical community tends to be ever increasingly expensive drugs and/or surgery.
It is important to realize, particularly as we age, that there are natural, non-drug and non-surgical cures for almost every illness and disease.
Let's Take A Closer Look At What Ails Us
Health as you can probably imagine, has been a concern with my modeling as I approach the beginning of my 7th decade.
As a survivor of a heart attack, Prostate cancer, an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm and lately, minor Essential Tremor and a walking disability, I have been doing a lot of online medical research.
To me, it is interesting how various maladies impact the different types of modeling and the different forms of natural treatment that don't require large amounts of money or a prescription.